Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing a b&m hammer shifter in a 68 that origanaly had a coloum shifter. To connect the neutral safety switch on the new shifter can I just splice into the purple wire that goes to the starter are do I have to disconect something from the coloum. Also don't have a clue about the reverse lights. Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Shane

·
Super Moderator
32,523 Posts
Yes, you can splice the purple wires for starter, I'd use quik disconnects so as one can go back to OE when sell car, if thats a choice later.

Reverse lights are also in same switch from column.

Everett 68/350/PG/11.90/115mph

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 69 Camaro and it's funny, I just finished up the wiring for the B&M Shifter last night. The purple wire is your neutral safety. I actually put a kill switch in mine and hid it in the top of the glovebox so the car can't be started. The back-up lights are pretty easy. Pa inspection laws will pass a car with a switch as long as it is lighted. If the wiring colors are the same, it should be a light green wire. I just put a lighted toggle switch under my dash to turn the backup lights on and off. If you need any help, send me an email.

------------------
www.geocities.com/frstgencamaro

1 - 3 of 3 Posts