Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do these wires go? This is on a 67 RS. They are labeled top and bottom and come from the headlamp plug. Are they for the limit switches on the headlamp doors?

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Yes.

·
Premium Member
19,676 Posts
There should be eight connectors all together.
Four connectors for switches on the radiator supports and four for the switches inside the headlight assembly. This is a pic of the ones on the radiator support.

Roger
[/URL]

[/URL]

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh thanks! I was missing the limit switches that mount to the headlight bracket. The ones that that are used when the headlight doors are open.

Either way my headlights or doors are not working. The only lights that work on the front are the turn signals. Anyone have any tips on what to check first? I replaced the motors with new ones from classic industries.

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
You are going to have to order at least 4 switches (forget where I got mine) all the black ground wires face down. Get some star washers for the ground wires so they bite into the metal. Take the neg battery cable off. Check to make sure the three relays under the drivers fender are hooked up along with the circuit breaker. There is also a diode under the dash. All the descriptions are on my facebook page. when all hooked up properly attach the neg battery cable (leave loose) **** should start to happen !!!! if motors keep running pull neg cable and adjust or shim switches until you can hear switches click then try putting cable back on battery. If nothing works try pulling the headlights and check to make sure their grounds are solid. Nothing works unless all switches and headlights are grounded. Took me about nine hours of playing to get them working properly and trouble free since !
Have fun and there is lots of help here.
Rick

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
I would guess the motors are not plugged in. Also they could both be burned out. the wires are probably tucked in there somewhere !
Rick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts