Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to find the correct wiring clip (holder) that mounts to the upper right flywheel bolt and holds the wires going to the starter solenoid. This is on a 69 camaro small block. The AIM says it's part of the wiring harness so there is no part number listed. I don't believe it's being reproduced so an original is my only choice. Anyone out there have any ideas on who to call or contact about one of these? Or better yet, have one they are willing to sell. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
500 Posts
If you're refering to the rubber coated metal strap that is held in place by the bellhousing (not flywheel) bolt, I think I can help. If you can't find one pre-made. All you have to do is cut a piece of sheetmetal 1/2" wide and about 2" long. Drill a 3/8" hole at one end. Buy a can of black dipping compound used for coating tool handles and coat the strap except for 1/2" at the end with the hole. After the rubber sets up, bend it in a loop by wrapping it around a drill bit or a punch slightly smaller than the diameter of the harness. You can then spread it open to put the harness in and then pinch it on.

------------------
'69 RS Camaro
355 5-speed 4.11

·
Registered
131 Posts
I recently purchased an engine wiring harness from Classic Ind. in Orange County for my '69 Z28. It included the correct bellhousing clip. Mayby you could find the source of the harness and purchase one from the supplier.
If you are looking for the positive battery cable clips for the oil pan, I found some at NAPA that I modified that were real inexpensive. Good Luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts