Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

My rear window passenger side is without opening function with the general switch from the driver side door.

The switch is ok, I checked it, local switch works.

Now I need a wiring diagram.

Thanks for help!

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Would be nice if someone could post a pic.... I have a 68 with Power Windows and I'm removing the driver side kick panel to get access to the relay that is mounted there....There is also a 30amp fuse mounted on the firewall.

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Hello!

My rear window passenger side is without opening function with the general switch from the driver side door.

The switch is ok, I checked it, local switch works.

Now I need a wiring diagram.

Thanks for help!
The Fisher body manual has the wiring diagrams for the power windows.

The passenger rear window harness passes through a hole near the base of the inner quarter. If the rubber grommet is bad there, the wiring may have chafed.

That harness runs down the rocker channel. Check for chafing there as well.

The passenger rear window harness connects to the door harness right behind the kick panel.

I don't remember which side the 2 door harnesses meet.

Check the inline connectors. Check the contacts and check for chafed wires.

In my case, I had to pull the main switch apart and clean the contacts to get full function of all switches. You most likely have broken wire where they pass through door to body on driver side.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Yeah agree most likely door switch or bad wire. All the wires go front to back under the sill plate then under the rug a brief moment to the floor port. Blurry photo is all I can find at the moment, I'm missing a lot of my power window photos for some reason.

Brian

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts