Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just installed Electric Life Power windows in my 67 convertible. I haven't wired them up yet, but in testing they work great (up and down really fast!)

I need to find an ignition on power source to connect them. Where would be the best place to pull this power?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
I did that same conversion to my 67 convertible. You are right, they work great and are very fast.

I drilled holes in the door frame and jamb for the harness to go through (with grommets), and I used the "ACC" terminal on the fuseblock.

2 years later they still work fantastic.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You had to take the doors off to drill the holes, right? Did you drill towards the top or bottom of the door and jamb?

Did your wiring harness reach the rear right window? Mine doesn't seem like it will.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
I used an angle head drill with the doors on, drilling from the inside out, pretty much in the middle between the hinges.

The jamb holes were no problem, straight across from the mentioned door hole, I drilled just so I could route the harness under the side kick panel.

I didn't install the rear kit.

You didn't mention the switches, but on the deluxe door panels, I just cut out the existing round holes to a square, and they covered close enough where you can't see where the round holes were.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts