Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the 2 main harnesses coming from the rear of the fuse box disconnect from the engine side of the fire wall? I'm installing my console gauge conversion harness on my 69 and the instructions say to connect wires into the "Front Light harness connector" and into the "Engine Harness Connector" While I can clearly identify these on the firewall opposite of the fuse box, I have no idea if they are plugged into the fuse box or if they even come a part for me to insert the wires.

My harness is Factory Fit Brand.

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
There are two screws on the fuse block. They are at diagonals from one another. The fuse block itself is snapped onto the firewall bulkhead connector. At each corner of the block you can gently pry back the retainer and remove the fuse block from the bulkhead. There you'll see the wires coming from the connector and making their way into the harness. Some go to the fuse block, others go to various circuits uner the dash and in the rear.

·
Registered
601 Posts
To answer your question, yes, there is one bolt in the center of the connectors on the firewall side. I say connectors because yes there are two. They fit together and bolt on as a unit. Take out the bolt, take them off as one and then they slide apart. One runs engine components, the other runs lights, alternator, etc.

Mike

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts