Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having trouble identifying wiring on my 69 SB 350 with factory A/C and gauges. I have the following wires coming out of the harness going toward the passenger side of the car (after the wiper motor connections).

Dark blue with molded boot connector - I believe this goes to the oil pressure switch located on the block below the distributor.

Orange - Rubber boot connector and goes to the passenger side of the car. I have no idea where this goes. I believe this may have never been hooked up.

Purple - This wire is pigtailed to a red wire and has a spade-type connector. It also goes to the passenger side of the car. I believe this goes to the solenoid.

White (cloth coating) - This wire is pigtailed to a black wire and has a spade-type connector. I believe this also goes to the solenoid. About 1/3 of the way down the harness, this wire is also pigtailed to a two prong type female connector about six inches long. This doesn't appear to be anywhere close to factory. Any ideas?

Can anyone provide any insight as to the two mystery wires and if my thinking is correct on the others?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
32,606 Posts
Dark blue = oil pressure switch
Orange = heater blower maybe with a filter in the path if car has other ground straps from engine to firewall to reduce noise in AM radio.
Purple = solenoid S terminal (starter crank) from clutch switch.
White cloth = ignition resistive wire to + terminal on coil.

·
Premium Member
5,342 Posts
White (cloth coating) - This wire is pigtailed to a black wire and has a spade-type connector. I believe this also goes to the solenoid. About 1/3 of the way down the harness, this wire is also pigtailed to a two prong type female connector about six inches long. This doesn't appear to be anywhere close to factory. Any ideas?
I'll second the advice Everett gave you and expand on the white one.(assuming breaker point ignition) At the positive side of the coil you should have two wires the cloth covered resister wire and a regular wire that goes to the "B" terminal on the solenoid. The "B" terminal on the solenoid provides full 12 volts to the coil while cranking. I'm not sure what the rest of that is in your description, maybe a picture would help.

Jeff

·
Super Moderator
32,606 Posts
Yes, a yellow wire from the solenoid terminal R, I believe, to + coil terminal.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Orange - Rubber boot connector and goes to the passenger side of the car. I have no idea where this goes. I believe this may have never been hooked up.
If your car has C60 (A/C) this wire was never hooked up. It is the heater only blower motor. Not used with C60.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts