Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have other ideas for bundling wires instead of taping them all together? I just got done rewiring my 68 and after spending hours cutting the tape, I figure that HAS to be other better options. thanks for your thoughts.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
There is, you should actually never use electrical tape to wrap a harness. You should use this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-ROLLS-BLACK-NON-ADHESIVE-VINYL-WIRING-HARNESS-TAPE/170795039364

...It is non adhesive but it sticks to itself. I just did my rear harness and it came out great. You shouldn't use electrical tape for the reason you sited (you can't unwrap it) and it also attracts direct/debris that will eventually wear the wires.

Phil

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
You can also use the stuff the IT folk use to bundle wires. It is a velcro tape and you cut it to length. Ring every six inches or so or when a wire splits off the main run.

·
14,085 Posts
I use power braid on all my builds. Basically it's nylon braided split loom

·
Registered
170 Posts
I used Russell Performance Wrap-It that I bought at Summit. It is a woven polyester that is split, it looks great and is easy to use with a heat rating of 250 degrees. It comes in various sizes.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,643 Posts
Another vote for power braid, also called tech flex F6 (the split type).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts