Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am thinking about putting a new wiring harness on my car any suggestion.as to which one is the best.i have a 1968 camaro convertible. i have found some bad wires. some of the wire has the insultion melted off of them. constance problems. if you have experenced this you know what i mean. any help would be helpful.

·
Registered
271 Posts
might wanna try these guys out, American Autowire. great people, lived really close to them when i was in NJ. i picked up a bunch of harnesses for my car, never had a problem, look great. i believe they're the supplier for a few of the resto places too, not sure which ones, but you can order directly from them. they have the whole camaro catalog in pdf format on the site.

http://www.americanautowire.com/

·
Registered
612 Posts
A good Choice is M&H www.wiringharness.com They will actually custom build the harness to your needs such as eliminating the resistance wire for a regular wire if you are using a HEI ignition.
Prices are resonable for the quality of their harness's and Tech support is Great.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I will probably take heat for this as many people do not believe the painless harnesses to truly be painless. I rewired the entire car from scratch using a painless harness, and it turned out incredibly. While I was at it I relocated the battery, and beefed up the entire electrical system. I was quite easy with some limited electrical know-how, and allowed me to wire in a variety of power hungry accessories. If you're running a lot of modern aftermarket items and using the car as a driver I highly recommend this harness.

If on the other hand you're looking for a simple drop in, or originality avoid this one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts