Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Restoring my 69 vert that has been sitting since 1983. My buddy says to use existing wiring harness, I say I dont want to do it half ***. The Painless Perf wiring harness looks pretty good. Any feedback or suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have no personal experience so FWIW, I've heard (both here and at Team Chevelle) that the Painless Universal Kit is not so painless. Do a search, the link is at the top of this page. If you are experienced and comfortable with electrical wiring it may be a good choice.

A better choice would be to contact M&H Fabricators. They make many if not most of the reproduced wiring harnesses. Their stuff is top quality and it fits. They will also add wirirng for HEI and internal regulated alternator if thats your need. They are at http://www.wiringharness.com

------------------
Rick Schaefer
68 Camaro
72 El Camino
TPI350/700r4

·
Registered
389 Posts
69Vert,

I've done A LOT of investigating into harnesses for my 69 coupe. After talking to the painless guys at a show, I have to say, I'm going w/ M&H! Painless just doesn't make a "painless" harness for the 69, yet.

Good luck,
Rob

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
I have put the front/rear 'Factory Fit' harnesses in and they are top notch - exact replicas.

------------------
Rick Dorion
69 RS Conv,355,M20,4.10's

·
Registered
53 Posts
69vert,

A buddy of mine is a dealer for Factory Fit. Contact Doug at Yesterday's Heroes.
[email protected]

I've bought one of these harnesses. They are top notch, with all of the factory connections and everything.

Jeff

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for all of the great info and contacts. How difficult are the harnesses to install?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts