Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a few questions i am re doing my 69 camaro i put 5" autometers in the dash and all my other guages are electric so i am deleteing the dummy lights...my question is i am using 2 leds for blinkers and one for bright indicator...if im not mistaken the left blinkers are wired to the light with a aqua and a black. and the right blinker is wired with 2 blue and one black...why does the right side have 3 wires. and how do i wire the led black to black and my red to the blues....and does the same go for the blinker. and ok on a totallu different note on an msd setup billet dist 6al box blaster 2 coil the dist has 2 wires that are black striped with orange i think on one and purple on the other what two wires do i hook the to that come from the box........sorry for the questions i have my car stripped awith no front fenders and i ran over my dang harness and pulled all my msd wiring loose

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
the dist has 2 wires that are black striped with orange i think on one and purple on the other what two wires do i hook the to that come from the box........

These wires plug into the connector with purple and green wires on the 6AL ignition.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
i knom but my plug isnt there anymore i just have the wires that i need to know which on goes to which
black striped with orange connects to purple wire of 6AL
black striped with purple connects to green wire of 6AL

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok more questions or shall i say problems i am not getting fire to my plugs i tested and i am hot going to my msd box and hot on one side of the coil but i have zero fire going into my dist. either side...is my coil bad or is it something else.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and on a separate note (im sorry guys i hate wiring and chasing wires.).....i moved stock my in dash fuel gauge to a cutom pod with 2 1/16 gauges i know that the brown wire is the wire i need so i cut it from the factory fuel gauge and wired it to the 2 1/16 fuel gauge that i just added. but it is not reading that i have fuel in the tank. it comes on i can see the needle move when i turn the key on and the light works but it isnt reading....what is the culprit?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts