Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am now wiring the 67. it was a 6 cylinder with points. It is now an eight cylinder (350) with HEI. I have established the wire from the fuse box to the HEI. To answer this to my best benefit, pretend this is the first time I have popped a hood on a car. I have gotten the temp wire, the oil sending unit wire, the wiper motor wires and the blower wire ready to go. I am concerned about wiring the starter. My loom has a purple wire (neutral safety I presume:)) that I need to run. My starter solenoid has the two small terminals and the one large one. What wires do I need to run to the two small terminals.

Also, my temp sending unit wire is missing the end that goes to the sending unit. Can I buy that connection, or is there some other way to connect the wire to the unit?

Like I said, pretend I have no clue (big challenge) and set me straight. I already have the assembly manual, so the wiring diagram is already being used. For me, telling me what color wire goes to where is a bigger help than the diagram.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Brackneyc said:
I am concerned about wiring the starter. My loom has a purple wire (neutral safety I presume:)) that I need to run.
Purple wire goes to the starter "S" terminal. There should be markings on the solenoid. The other small terminal is the "R" terminal, it was used for a points ignition. You may, or may not need a wire here with a HEI. To check, see if the wire going to your HEI BAT terminal has power in the crank position. If it does you don't need anything on the "R" terminal. If it doesn't run a wire from the "R" terminal to the HEI BAT terminal along with the other wire from fusebox IGN terminal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts