Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The red wire from box goes to a switched 12volt source.I can't remember which wire is from ignition. Would I be better off to run a wire to ign. source at fuse block?

·
19,901 Posts
Red to pos., black to neg. green and purple to HEI or white to points<what you have?>,other red to ignition<I used the old HEI hot wire>. MSD has a web site that shows diagram. instructions

·
Registered
124 Posts
RacerMike, I am thinking of ordering the pro billet distributor and 6A ignition for my '68. Just wondering how things turned out on this and how was the installation ? Thanks.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Racermike,
I dont know if you figured out your answer yet but I just wired the same set up.
The red thin wire from the MSD box connects to the existing ignition wire that used to run directly to the positive side of your coil.
Instead of running from the ignition to the positive side of the coil it now runs from the ignition directly to the thin red MSD wire.
You should be able to find the wire near the Coil. That ignition wire should have 11 to 12 volts with the key in the on position but not started.
I cant remember what color that ignition wire is.

Good luck.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help.Had to get out wiring diagram to refresh my memory everything a-ok now.Purchased street pro-billet w/ 6AL box&8.5 wires ,SS Blaster coil.Installation was very simple & straight foward.Dist. came w/HEI style connectors on cap but socket type is available.Very pleased with everything.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I paid $380 for the MSD 6A, Blaster 2 coil, and pro-billet 8631 distributor from my local Advansed Auto Parts store. They matched Summit's prices for me becaue I buy so much from them.

I also installed a set of Accel 300+ 8.8 wires and a chevey performance loom for another $120.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts