Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 67 camaro ,it has the floor mounted console & a powerglide tranny & a 350 engine, when car is running & in park OR neutral -the alternator red light is faintly lite? When i shift trans into Reverse- the red indicatot light goes very bright on the alternator light?(1) Do i have a bad ground somewere?
(2) since i do NOT have a wiring diagram what colour wire represents the live & ground for the backup lights. There is NO power at the neutral switch as i checked it out with key on,, shifter in reverse !NO Back up lights?
(3)as for the this alternator light showing dimmly when in neutral or in park with engine running & when put inro reverse the light goes bright red?? I had alternator checked out & all is OK by technician ! HELP!!

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Checking the grounds and other connections is the best way to start electrical diagnosis! You might want to continuity check each wire in the console harness to make sure there are no shorts and work your way back to the fuse block. Electrical problems are not fun, but sometimes you get lucky and it is no big deal to fix.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts