Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 67 Camaro with wiring problems; I've inspected under the hood & under the dash board. Under the hood looks OK, reinstalled a good terminal block on the right fender by the battery. Under the dash, that's another story,someone prior to me had cut wires, tied them together to make hot connections to start and run the car. I don't know what to do about the current wiring configeration, dash light won't work, gages don't come on, turn signals don't work inside, not a good life for a "67" Camaro. Give me some good advice.

------------------
sinkit

·
Registered
219 Posts
I believe there is a guy on ebay auctioning off some wiring harness's (used) and components. You can also pick up new harness assy's from the major aftermarket companies.

·
Registered
79 Posts
My 67 had the same problem 17 years ago, and it had a virgin wiring harness. The problem was that a bad ground going to the instrument cluster.

My solution was cheap and fast. I replaced couple of the screws that hold the instrument cluster in with the next screw size up. The new screws made good contact with the dash metal and it's worked ever since.

So check those grounds and good luck!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Carl Sinkler:
I purchased a 67 Camaro with wiring problems; I've inspected under the hood & under the dash board. Under the hood looks OK, reinstalled a good terminal block on the right fender by the battery. Under the dash, that's another story,someone prior to me had cut wires, tied them together to make hot connections to start and run the car. I don't know what to do about the current wiring configeration, dash light won't work, gages don't come on, turn signals don't work inside, not a good life for a "67" Camaro. Give me some good advice.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts