Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 71 Camaro, I noticed that my passenger side brake light wasn't working,I changed the bulb and no change,checked the power wire with a test light and no power so I wanted to see if my blinkers worked, left side worked fine but the passenger side blew the fuse, also hazzard lights blow the fuse, recently thye harness in the column was replaced could that be where the problem is?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Make sure turn switch comes back to center and try again. Brake light does not work on side turn lever is selected to.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Make sure turn switch comes back to center and try again. Brake light does not work on side turn lever is selected to.
I put the signal switch back to the center position and now my brake lights are blowing the fuse and the blinkers are blowing fuses,I'm no electrician, if there is anyone in the Turlock Ca area that can come look at this thing I'd be happy to pay just hit me up, I also have some electrical issues on a few other cars if someone wants to make some money

·
Registered
292 Posts
I suspect your turn signal switch in the column has grounded out. Time to remove the steering wheel to see what is going on. Don't have ypur electrical diagrams but has to be similia to the 68/69.

Might be as simple as replacing the turn signal switch.

You might want to post this in the 2nd gen forum for their advice.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
TSS is likely the culprit.

Save yourself the aggravation, just change the turn signal switch and be done with it.

Reactions: yellow69RS

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I suspect your turn signal switch in the column has grounded out. Time to remove the steering wheel to see what is going on. Don't have ypur electrical diagrams but has to be similia to the 68/69.

Might be as simple as replacing the turn signal switch.

You might want to post this in the 2nd gen forum for their advice.

View attachment 278960
thank you and that harness was replaced just a couple months ago

·
Premium Member
5,583 Posts
All gm turn switches are similar from 69 up IMO. Minor difference between tilt and non. First thing I'd do is plug in a different switch under dash, don't remove anything else just unplug old and plug in new. Then recheck fuse blowing. I suspect the issue is in the column and this is the fastest way to prove it. If it still blows fuses I'd start at the back and look for wrong bulb and pinched wires going towards front. They might have shorted one if the complete harness was replaced.

Jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts