Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 327 11 to 1 motor I'll be putting in my 67 the motor has aset of small valve heads on it now .I have aset of heads that were suposed to be from a 59 vette they have had 202 cut in and screw in studs and plates,with some minor bowel work witch ones wuold be better to run ,Iwas wondering about runners and conbrustion camber size and piston clearance.it is just a weekender car.
It has a 750 dp carb 4spd,4.11 rear

any thoughts on the subject wuold be apprecaited

------------------
stock? 67
hidden 69

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll get them tonight and post tomarrow

------------------
stock? 67
hidden 69

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
O.K. the small valve heads are
A 1 10
GM 24

THE 2.02'S are:
T
f 6 57
GM 6

I am thinking these might be 1957 heads instead of 59
what do you think?

THANKS!!!!

------------------
stock? 67
hidden 69

·
Registered
12 Posts
The head casting number ending in 441 came stock on '69 250 and 255 horsepower 350 cubic inch engines. They had more chamber CCs resulting in lower compression than the high compression combination. They breathe extremely well on a street motor with basically stock or slightly warmed over components. On today's gasoline they could present a significant advantage over higher compression ratios. Also, the smaller valve head (1.94 intake/1.50 exhaust) may actually result in better low end performance on the street since the fuel/air mixture velocity will be higher at typical street RPM. If you don't want the 441 heads, I'd like to talk with you about buying them.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
when I told the guy I bought the motor from that I was thinking of putting on the 202's he told me not to,I just wanted a second opinion. they are already on the motor so I guess I'll be putting it in tonight!

THANKS!!!!

------------------
stock? 67
hidden 69

1 - 7 of 7 Posts