Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had an on and off problem with my Camaro. Sometimes it wont crank when you turn the key and other times when you let the key go after it starts the starter keeps going and I have to disconnect the Battery to get it to stop.

Now it won't crank at all, the purple wires that go to the ignition switch and the neutral saftey switch are getting hot when I turn the key. Voltage regulator gets hot too.
Replaced the saftey switch & the ignition switch.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Check your connections. If you have loose connections then your system will be drawing more amps causing hot spots. As for the solenoid sticking, check that you don't have wires melted and touching along the firewall going to the solenoid.

·
Registered
9 Posts
just did a search and stumble upon this. So i want to resurrect it.

I have the same issue. Cash was starting fine up untill a month ago.

Now the car will not start at all.

I originally thought the ignition switch was the problem. So i changed it out. Now with the new ignition switch i have power out when the key is turned on the purple with wire with white tracer.

When i bypass the neutral safety by connecting the purple with white tracer to the purple going to fuse block. The purple gettings burning hot.

So my guess is that the purple is broken somewhere.

·
14,099 Posts
just did a search and stumble upon this. So i want to resurrect it.

I have the same issue. Cash was starting fine up untill a month ago.

Now the car will not start at all.

I originally thought the ignition switch was the problem. So i changed it out. Now with the new ignition switch i have power out when the key is turned on the purple with wire with white tracer.

When i bypass the neutral safety by connecting the purple with white tracer to the purple going to fuse block. The purple gettings burning hot.

So my guess is that the purple is broken somewhere.
The purple goes from the switch to the NS and from the NS to the starter solenoid. To bypass the NS Go straight from the switch to the starter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts