Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 94 Z-28 has been acting strange lately. It doesnt want to start when it rains. It will turn over, but it acts like a car from the good old days, when you got the distributor wet, and it just wouldnt start. I like my 94, I've had it for 7 years now, but you just cant work on them. I cant even change the plugs! I have a repair manual that says the type of distributor in those years were prone to moisture getting in through the distributor vent system. It gives several items to check, but I have been under, over, around, and every other way, and I havent found any kind of vent system that goes to the distributor. You have to have an act of congress to take the distributor off, so I cant check it for cracks. Has anybody else had this problem?
Any ideas will be appreciated.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I have an LT-1 from a 95 Z-28 that I am putting in an S-10.....it has a vacuum hose that goes from the distributer cap up to the air intake tube between the mass airflow sensor and the throttle body. I believe this was done to correct the problem You describe..I think there was a TSB from Chevy to upgrade the old style to the newer vented style...Maybe a Chevy Tech can add to this and give You some part numbers...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Thats one of the things my repair manual says to check. I guess 94 models dont have it. I also had problems with my dis. 3 years ago. It had to be replaced because it went bad and the car ran like it had no plug wires at all. The dealer told me this was a problem with 93 and 94 models. I guess Ill have to take it to the service dept. and let them work on it. Thanks again for the info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts