Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is off topic but I'm not sure where it wouldn't be off topic.

Here goes.... We need to replace the window in my workshop and it's quite a large window. I'd love to know what you guys (and gals) have as windows in your workshops. i.e Glass Bricks, Normal Aluminium or Wooden Windows etc

I'd like to allow the light in but keep prying eyes out. Security is also a concern. Do you use curtains or Blinds etc? If nothing else I think this will be an interesting topic :)

Thanks in advance. MJ

PS. If this get relocated please let me know where it's gone too.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Regular sliding windows up high with a frosted or opaque film so they can't see in. This way you can still get fresh air when you want unlike most glass block setups.

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
no coverings on mine but, it is in my back yard and it is all fenced in. For someone to see in they would have to be in my yard. I purposely did not put windows where you can see in from outside the yard.

A quick and easy covering can be had at Home Depot, the roll up and pull down type. They can cut them to any size you want. That will keep eyes out and still allow you to open them for light or air flow.

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
Regular double hung. After being robbed by the turds going through the window, I now have bars on the windows too.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I would just go down to the Animal shelter and adopt one of those Pit Bulls that have AIDS and put him inside the garage, that should do the trick!..................007

1 - 9 of 9 Posts