Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
That's rediculous!! $4,550 just for the block alone.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Just saw a complete (?) 69 DZ block on eBay with a starting bid of $21,500! Item number 200096215954 Charlie 69 RS

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
It's only ridiculous if it isn't your block. If you have the cash and it is your block then it is a good investment.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Just saw a complete (?) 69 DZ block on eBay with a starting bid of $21,500! Item number 200096215954 Charlie 69 RS
It's only ridiculous if it isn't your block. If you have the cash and it is your block then it is a good investment.
The item Charlie is talking about is NOT a good investment. We all know there are guys that can stamp a date correct block and noone can tell the difference. And they cost about 20K less than the block mentioned above. Mike. :beers: :beers:

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
I hope it was the winner's original block. If not then look for some scammer's fake tag & re-stamp coming to a dealer or website near you soon for 100 grand or some e-mail scammer's buy it now of $5,200 while he's e-mailing you from the North Pole while tuning up his sleigh.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Just one of the many reasons the original numbers matching projects just aren't my style...

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
Considering the VIN is illegible according to the seller, I'm not sure how it could be anyone's original block for sure.

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
The item Charlie is talking about is NOT a good investment. We all know there are guys that can stamp a date correct block and noone can tell the difference. And they cost about 20K less than the block mentioned above. Mike. :beers: :beers:
The one for $21,500 is a complete original crossram setup with everything included. Even the hood, alternator, starter, etc. Not really that outrageous of a price.

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Considering the VIN is illegible according to the seller, I'm not sure how it could be anyone's original block for sure.
With the DZ being legible and the VIN not who's to argue if it is not your #'s matching block? It kind of turns it into a wild card you know good for any 69 Z!;)

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have been tossing around the idea of restoring my car to the date code correct stuff. The problem is it is hard to see the value in the return of the investment sometimes. I have been quoted some staggering prices on a 396 375 h.p. big block for my car. The problem is I dont want to sell the car and I like big H.P. and for the same money I can build a 572 cu. in. eng. but I would like to find the correct eng. for it some day.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I like how some of these ads state they are 100% authentic and next sentence say This block is being sold as is with no warranties or guarantees implied

·
Registered
188 Posts
Thats crazy!!

The real valueable item is the steel crank for a 302 ;-)

·
Retired
26,740 Posts
What has to be remembered in a case like this is the seller didn't set the price. This is what fellow gearheads and restorers are willing to pay... Once most get wind of prices like this they expect the same from what they have.

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
What has to be remembered in a case like this is the seller didn't set the price. This is what fellow gearheads and restorers are willing to pay... Once most get wind of prices like this they expect the same from what they have.
Dennis , I follow the DZ stuff because that is what I have... Not long a go you could get a nice block for under 1000... then it was 1500.... and in the last six months it has been more like 2200-2800 . That is for a genuine DZ block with all the factory stampings in place... that is why I ws shocked everyone was so up in arms when the guy wanted 5k for his block from the car owner... and now that the 5k includes the internals.. sounds like a steel to me.

·
Registered
827 Posts
i am going to pickup my original 302 on tuesday, engine is complete minus carb and manifolds. $6500 including bellhousing and flywheel. removed from car in early 70s and freshened. never started since, should i have it gone through just to be safe.

·
Premium Member
8,375 Posts
Weren't DZ blocks two bolt mains???? That one on ebay is 4 bolt.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts