Team Camaro Tech banner

Wrapping wires with tape?

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Musclerodz 
#1 ·
What type of tape should I be using to wrap my new wiring harness? Is there a tape or wrap that has no glue on it? for the underhood area. If so where do I get it? thanks,Ed

#2 ·
Wire wrap tape (without glue) is a standard item in your favorite Camaro Parts warehouse. They sell a good size roll, enough to do a bunch of harnesses. The rear harnesses (dome light and taillights) used a cloth tape. I have found wide (1.5") black athletic tape to be a very good match.

#6 ·
Good Kevin,since you mentioned trunk wire and were on the subject,how do I route the wires from the left wheelhouse to the lights?Do they run along bottom of 1/4 panel or do they go up around the top of 1/4 panel inside?

#8 ·
The wiring should run from bottom of the left wheel house to the left tailight and the across the back behind the fuel filler neck to the other side.

#9 ·
I use stuff my son gets from his work...used on cabling communication towers with a std life of 25yrs
Scotch professional grade L30C Linerless Rubber Splicing tape
For low and high voltage (thru 69KV)
Cables whose emergency overload temp can reach 130deg C
Flame retardant IEEE Std 27-1974 ANSI
and NASCAR approved

Best of all... Made in USA

I use 3/4" and 1" depending where.

What ever u use DO Not use that plastic crap

#11 ·
Thanks Eric,the picture shows it in the 2nd attachment.It comes over the wheelhouse and along the edge of the dropoff at left 1/4 panel near marker light then back around below the taillights,as I thought,but it does have clips to hold it in place so it's not just laying there.I'll just have to find the right clips.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.