Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me know if this should be in the trouble shooting section.

I just changed over to a M-20 from a TH-350 so the Muncie was not mine before the install. I had the Muncie rebuilt because the ears were broken off. The Muncie is from 64-65.

The problem is that 1st and 2nd are switched and 3rd and 4th are switched. What i mean is that I start in the 2nd gears postion and then switch into 1st gear position to go into 2nd, then go to 4th gear postion for 3rd and then into 3rd postion for 4th.

R 2 4
|__|__|
| |
1 3

Is this a shifter issue, was the Muncie built incorrectly, or do some of the earliy Muncie have different gear locations?

Thanks

Jason

·
Registered
311 Posts
The shift levers on the side cover look UP and the reverse lever in the tail housing look DOWN... Hope this helps... Crash

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I put some on upside down many years ago. It made for some interesting driving until I figured out what was going on. :)

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
The linkage will go together many different ways, but only one is correct.
If you have the Hurst shifter, go to thier website and read/view the installation instructions/diagrams for your model shifter.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was upside down. I have an electric speedo with the pulse sender mounted on the Muncie. When the linkage is mounted correctly, the sender is blocking the 1-2 gear linkage. I needed to trim the pulse sender for it to work.

Thanks Jason

1 - 6 of 6 Posts