Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the Muncie in my '69 Z28 with an early '70s Muncie M21 (fine spline) . Unfortunately the original shifter mounting plate from the '69 will not mount on the later model trans tail shaft. The 70's Muncie tail shaft is GM# 3978764 . I need is a mounting plate that will correctly locate the shifter in my center console. I did some research and came up with this mounting plate. Anyone else had to do this work-around?

70-71 Hurst Shifter Mounting Bracket
Composite material Auto part Metal Household hardware Carmine

·
Registered
317 Posts
The mount in the picture is a 1970 only F-body Muncie mount, 1971 and later all Muncie 4-speeds used the 764 32 spline tail housing and used a different shifter mount.
I also make custom shifter mounts for 1967-8-9 Camaro's , to be able to use the late Muncie and Super T-10's with the 32 spline tail housings, and have the shifter in the correct location.
E-mail me for more info... [email protected]

Hope this helps... Crash

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't suppose you could get a pre-1970 M22 tailshaft?
Cangialosi
I did consider that but the trans is already mounted in the car and I didnt want to pull it apart. I found a bracket that Paul Cangialosi , 5speeds.com makes that is designed specifically for my situation. It needs to be used with a spacer ring. It just arrived and I will be mounting it later this week. Will update after the installation

·
Registered
67 Camaro L78 M20 Convertible
224 Posts
The mount in the picture is a 1970 only F-body Muncie mount, 1971 and later all Muncie 4-speeds used the 764 32 spline tail housing and used a different shifter mount.
I also make custom shifter mounts for 1967-8-9 Camaro's , to be able to use the late Muncie and Super T-10's with the 32 spline tail housings, and have the shifter in the correct location.
E-mail me for more info... [email protected]

Hope this helps... Crash
nice, do you also make brackets to mount a 67/68 hurst shifter (3914339) to a late 32 spline tailshaft?

The 67/68 linkage (3734529) with the c clamp only work with 27 spline shafts..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts