Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gear have to fit an 8.2. I'd be content with just the gears, but I also need posi. So, if you have a posi set up that will work for my 8.2, I'm open to that too.

That said, if you have a Nova 8.5 set up with similar gearing and you're close enough to Austin that I could come pick it up, I'm interested in that, too. I'm looking for "bolt on" applications though, so leaf spring set ups only, please.

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
Re: WTB 8.2 3.55 or 3.73 gears... or an entire 8.5 reat

You need to get ahold of ' big gear head ' (aka Freddie ;) ) on this board and ask him for information and a quote.
He is located in Kentucky and can ship you everything you need or a complete axle.

Try PM-in' him if he doesn't see this :yes:

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

i have a complete 8.2 10 bolt posi drum-drum but has 3:08 gears and im along way from tx!!!
IL here
Funny, b/c there was another TCer who had a complete set up at a great price... Who was in Canada! Shipping was going to run $300 via UPS freight. :sad:

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

You need to get ahold of ' big gear head ' (aka Freddie ;) ) on this board and ask him for information and a quote.
He is located in Kentucky and can ship you everything you need or a complete axle.

Try PM-in' him if he doesn't see this :yes:
Just last night I was working on compiling this comprehensive rear end swap article that I mentioned in a post a while back, and someone (maybe you?) suggested getting a hold of Freddie... I actually searched for him, but didn't separate the words in "big" "gear" "head". Explains why I couldn't find him! Will PM now.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bump...

I know, I know: I need to just get a 8.5 or 12 bolt. But that takes a lot more $ than I have to spend right now. Just looking for a used 8.2 posi unit and gears (3.55-4.10).

There's gotta be someone out there who's ditching their 8.2 that has posi!?

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a complete 8.2 3.73 Eaton posi diff - but this sounds familiar - did you change your screen name?
I have to confess, yes I did. Wasn't trying to be sneaky or anything, just didn't like the old screen name.

Are you interested in letting go of the Eaton? I'll shoot you a PM, just in case.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK, I've about given up on finding a used 8.2 posi carrier. Had one lined up and it disappeared out from underneath me.

If someone has a Ford 9 inch, or for some strange reason you've got an affordable 12 bolt, PM me!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts