Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a pair of the J nuts that clip into the chassis that the long front bumper brackets fasten into, does anyone recommended where to buy a set of the Chrome head bolts to fit both front and back back together ? All mine are toast.

Also looking for a pair of the REAR bumper "fangs" or what ever they are called. Exactly like the ones in the picture below but not bent and rusty !

·
Registered
68 RS L30 AA 749
7,953 Posts
All that stuff is reproduced I believe, or are you looking for genuine GM parts ? I don't see the J-clips offered at Rick's or HBC, but imagine AMK would have them. I forget, what size bolt (thread) do they take ? 1/2" ??

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had posted that I thought 67 didn't get the rear bumperette things and that they were a 69 thing - but then I wasn't so sure....
Ahh fair enough, I do that sometimes, after posting you get that doubt and then you cant delete the whole thing !

In answer to other posters, I am wanting GM, don't mine if the chrome is not great because they will get redone at the same time as my bumpers.

The J clip is a small thing but I want a good GM one to match the one I do have.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I now need one J nut.

Like this please, anyone got one in a box of odds and ends ? I would like an original 67 part to match the one I have.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Still looking for one 67 Camaro 1/2 13nc J nut.

I thought I had found one in a breakers yard but they sent me a 7/16 and that will not work with my original bolt.

Its silly but I don't want to be forced to use 3 original bolts and one different smaller one, I want all 4 to match (and the bolts do) but I have no J nut to install.

Anyone got one ? just one !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts