Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, looking for a LS3 engine with all electrical and manual transmission at a decent price for my 69 camaro. Pretty much a turn key. Im just your average joe and everything thing online is expensive. Can any of you owners refer me to any places I can get one. Thanks.

·
20,306 Posts
Local recyclers ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what i been told. Everbody getting there hands on them which is one of the reasons they sell high. Well i will keep on looking around. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,004 Posts
Facebook marketplace.

Don

·
14,960 Posts
By the time you buy it from a recycler and you don’t know for sure what you’re getting modify the harness and everything else you need to do including flashing the ECM and what do you have? 430 horse LS3 condition unknown. The accessories won’t work.

more often than not buying cheap cost you more in the long run. for me no used motors

Crate motors are the only way to go IMO

·
Premium Member
5,004 Posts
By the time you buy it from a recycler and you don’t know for sure what you’re getting modify the harness and everything else you need to do including flashing the ECM and what do you have? 430 horse LS3 condition unknown. The accessories won’t work.

more often than not buying cheap cost you more in the long run. for me no used motors

Crate motors are the only way to go IMO
GMPP crate motor prices have gotten stupid high imho.

Don

·
20,306 Posts
LS3's are the "go to" for a lot of guys (bragging rights ?)...I went with a steel block aluminum headed 6.0L from a 2005 2500 Silverado , makes well over 430hp with basically a cam swap and I did upgrade the heads...but not a "must do".
Guys with 4.8's and 5.3's going very fast with turbos.
Crate motors are a nice way to go for many.

All comes down to what you want to do with the car.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
I have a brand new crate 480 LS3 with the GM computer, harness and pedal kit that I have been toying with selling. I really dislike the BS that goes with most sales, so I have been waffling about it. I was going to install it in my Camaro with adjustable pedals(in the wiring computer picture) for my wife to drive, but she is really not into cars and would never have used it. PM me.
Joe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts