Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
If it has X3 written in crayon on the rear bulkhead behind rear seat that was put on there to let the line know it was a X33 car my X55 car has X5 on it (in yellow Crayon)I assume just so line workers didnt have to take time trying to read the trim tag.

·
Registered
370 Posts
The best I can find out it was to tell the line worker what size spare to put in it. I do not know if that is true or not but that is what I was told at the Nationals.

TIM

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
My X22 had "What the hell you lookin' in here for, BOY?" written behind the seat..what does that mean?

Just joking...HA HA

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
My LA built JL8 had "Mr Moto" painted on the trans tunnel in Hugger Orange paint. The guys must have been having a good day when they built the car.

------------------
Jeff H - 93 Indy 500 Pace Car driven daily, Hugger Orange 69 Z28 with JL8 brakes, cross-ram & GM fiberglass hood, TI setup, heater and radio delete, being restored

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Heard the one about the Cadillac owner that had this rattle in his new car and they could not find what it was. After much searching they found a empty beer can stuffed inside a body cacity that could only have been put there by someone on the assembly line.

Many years ago (20+) a parts manager for a Chevy dealer told me about this one he said they experienced.

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts
Bad answer from whoever said that at the Nationals - the spare tire was installed by Chevrolet, in the other plant, after the car was fully trimmed (including the rear seat) in the Fisher Body plant; the marking couldn't be seen on the Chevrolet side of the plant.

------------------
JohnZ
CRG
'69 Z28 Fathom Green

1 - 9 of 9 Posts