Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at purchasing the Flowmaster exhaust system from Summit, Part #FLO-17139.
It is the American Thunder 2.5 inch dual 40 series mufflers.
This kit comes with an H pipe connection. Is an X pipe any better and if so does Flowmaster offer the X pipe?

------------------
69 RS Convertible Camaro, 350/350. Orignal red with black top and interior.
http://www.ragersworld.com/

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
You're talking about a street car I take it? I always try to include a Cross-over Pipe in exhaust systems for the street. It smoothes out the exhaust tone and makes the car much more comfortable at cruise speeds.
What did the boys at Flowmaster say about his kit on your convertible? Is there any problem with the factory "X" Brace?

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
the American Thunder kit comes with an H pipe, and I don't think that you can substitute parts for it. They may sell a separate x-pipe though.

The fact that your car is a convertible may interfere with this system... I am not sure.

The x-pipe is supposed to make a little more power than an H pipe, and make a slightly more mellow sound perhaps, but I don't know how noticible it is.

·
20,650 Posts
i just put that same system on my '68. the kit comes with an H pipe,and unless you do major mod.s to the system,an X pipe isn't going in.as fas as I know that system won't fit a convertable. Your best bet would be to go to a local shop and get a custom bent system,and if you have to have a X pipe check out www.drgas.com <i think thats it>.

------------------
My '68 Camaro
Doug G.
68 Camaro
406 ci.
[email protected] W/ 2.73POSI.

·
Registered
671 Posts
No the system won't fit but you can either remove it and install sub frame connectors and or like doug said go to a good muffler shop and have them bend up some 2.5 aluminized, well good luck
jake

------------------
1968 Camaro convertible, 454,th400,3500 stall,8.5 10 bolt,3.90 gears

1 - 5 of 5 Posts