Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 205 Posts

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have been trying to get the jig built. heres what i have so far. this is my first post with pictures and i have to use wife laptop, so bear with me.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Good luck with it, Dale! What part of the state are you from?

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Out in the cornfields northwest of Brownsburg
HAHA... I'm out in the corn fields, too. Wouldn't have it any other way. If you need a GM cowl hood, let me know. Needs some work, but no rust.

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love it out here.. now my wife would prefer closer to town, but I authorized the purchase of appliances she wanted. She's at bay for a few years.
I'll have to get with you on hood when I purchase sheet metal, within the next month or so.

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, I finally got the jig complete and painted. Today I started the disassembly process. A lot of the bolts are rusted on nose like grill screws headlights ect. I realized I probably wouldn't get the pieces off W/o breaking the good ones, so off it comes as one..The fender bolts all came off no proble. The bottom of fender bolt was rusted through.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Ok, I finally got the jig complete and painted. Today I started the disassembly process. A lot of the bolts are rusted on nose like grill screws headlights ect. I realized I probably wouldn't get the pieces off W/o breaking the good ones, so off it comes as one..The fender bolts all came off no proble. The bottom of fender bolt was rusted through.
Nice job on that jig!

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Ok today I continued the disassembly cowl area, and interior.. I'm thinking this trunk floor is one of the worst. PO used straps to hold up fuel tank.
I found this B 4 under the rear seat back. Also 4 on the radiator core support. Assembly process numbers.??
Any thoughts.?

Looks like Fred Flinstone has been in the car..
I'm thinking I have the true definition of "Rust Bucket"

Questions.
Anyone have advise on instrument and wires removal hints advice so it's not a Charlie Foxtrot with all the wires.?

Anyone taken the subframe out with the engine still attached .?

Attachments

·
14,285 Posts
What are you doing to protect the integrity of the VIN tag and hidden stamped partials?

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The dash will be remove and remounted on new dash. Lock n key until then. As far as the hidden stamps not sure. Any advice would be most appreciated

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Can you block the body up high enough to get the jig under it? Be a lot easier to lift the jig up to the body and then lower the whole assembly once the body is bolted to it.

1 - 20 of 205 Posts