Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at a 69 Camaro and just found out that is an X11. The seller said It is an X-11 SS finished in Daytona yellow 76 and black vinyl top. Engine is a four bolt main 350 with Summit racing roller rockers, Holley 750 double pumper carb, headers and magnaflow exhaust. The engine is mated to an Auto Gear Housing close ratio put together as an M-21 with centerforce clutch, GM 12 bolt posi, 3:73 gears with aftermarket axles. Subframe connectors and car is outfitted with energy suspension bushings. All these mods make my head spin. Is there any way to know if this is a real 350 SS? I was looking for something closer to an original. All X-11 seem to be much cheaper than everything else I see out there. Sorry for the long post but I’m trying to find out what the value would be for something like this.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know you can't tell much by a picture but this is what I'm looking at. Anything jump out at anyone questioning this? They are only asking 22k which seems too good to be true and I must be missing something.

Attachments

· Premium Member
381 Posts
Seems to look well worth $22k by these pix, providing it is not lipstick on a pig and the ad is legit, which I doubt. Areas to look are the trunk, trunk drop-offs, etc. Google search "areas to look at for 1969 Camaro."

· Premium Member
5,494 Posts
X-11 could be a SS , or a 6 cylinder car. Check the vin to see if it is a born with 6 cylinder would be the first thing I check. Yes it is priced low. Even for a converted 6 cylinder car. Smells like fish. If I recall correctly I have seen much more expensive Camaros for sale on eBay with that same backdrop. Do your research and look at it in person if you think you are going to buy it.

Reactions: FRANKTHECRANK

· Registered
152 Posts
The most common description you find online for X11 code is similar to this one....

" X11 could mean SS350 with Style Trim or base car with Style Trim. Style Trim Group (included in Rally Sport option) ..."

So it sounds like the only thing it represents is that style trim group.

· Registered
1,314 Posts
I know you can't tell much by a picture but this is what I'm looking at. Anything jump out at anyone questioning this? They are only asking 22k which seems too good to be true and I must be missing something.
FLAGS!
Yea, the price! It’s too good to be true. A non matching V8 conversion is 15k more all day.
That place doesn’t look like a dealership.
Unless you see it in person or can send a friend to do some intel-my Spidey sense is tingling.

· Registered
1967 Camaro L48, Y-Y, C60, M35 Powerglide
165 Posts
The free cars just send a quick deposit, are all over Craigslist. Diesel trucks too.
In fairness, the diesel trucks may not be a scam. I have a diesel F-350 as my dd. I'm about ready to give my truck away, since I can barely afford to put fuel in it anymore.

• Sad
Reactions: FRANKTHECRANK

· Registered
8 Posts
I guess it’s up to you to determine what’s important to you, a TRUE SS that’s in decent shape could run from 50-75k. A clone will go about 30-50k just a guide. I’m happy as hell to also own a X11 Daytona Yellow SS clone. We all want a Tesla Plaid, but end up with something a bit less. Be happy to just own a 53 year old piece of history! I am

1 - 20 of 23 Posts