Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently found and bought another camaro. It's a 67 coupe. The color code is A-A and the interior code is 707-Z. This is Black with Yellow interior. It's very odd..Someone of course sprayed the entire inside black at one time and the seats and headliner are missing. My question is this: What's all your opinions? I want to paint it black again but should I redo the interior in yellow? Can you get repro yellow interior pieces? I can see the dash and carpet is gold. Is this the same color as the gold interior cars? Any opinions are appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Wow! Black with yellow interior! Would like to see that! Big time different.

You can order most any interior item from some site sponsors here. You'll get different suggestions from member to menber on which ones, but in all, they seem reputable.
Got any pics of the car? The trim tag too?
Never heard/seen black with yellow.......

·
Registered
68 RS L30 AA 749
7,444 Posts
Interesting indeed....and like John, I've never seen a yellow gut in a 67.

As cool as it sounds and if it's truly different from the gold, I suspect you'll find interior pieces aren't available.

Need to do some research on the 707 interior. I'd suggest checking the CRG site and posting your find over there also.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
I've been chasing down these cars for going on 35 years and I don't believe I've ever see a 67 with yellow interior. I assume as it was deluxe only (707 code) that the stripes in the seat are black.

Verrrrrryyyyy rare... Congratz. I'd do what ever I could to put at least the interior back to stock.

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
I believe the yellow interior had white stripes in the seats. It has been too many years and then, it was not reproduced. IIRC

·
Registered
68 RS L30 AA 749
7,444 Posts
Russ, I think even the common gold interior had the white stripes didn't they ?

Here's more pix and history of the Black Panther......http://www.firstgencamaro.com/blackpanther.html

Is it me or does the interior look more yellow than the common gold ?? Gary mentions the dash and carpet appear to be gold. Sure would be nice to see an original 007 ...er 707 interior :D.

Gary, any chance this car may've been sold new in Canada ?

:popcorn:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll snap a few pics of the car and trim tag...I have seen yellow interiors before for 67. I did a search on this site and found one. Although it was just one angle pic, the stripes were gold on the seats. The dash APPEARS to be the same gold as an all-gold interior and the carpet. The tops of the doors (paint) is definitly pale yellow, perhaps a duller Butternut. It sure looks that way to me.Also, the carpet is definitly a gold shade too, however I don't know if it's the same one used in the all-gold interiors. I'm thinking it is and hope someone here has one and can verify this as I would like to put this car back to original. It's an SS396 automatic to boot. The '2' designation on the trim tag is followed by the letter 'Z' which I'd never seen before and assume this is the code for TH400 trans. Oddly, the car is NOT an RS nor does it have style trim int or ext. No console gauges either and a 12 bolt open rear. Strange car really, but in a cool way..It's a late built (June) so unfortunitly the Panther theory is out, darn!

How do I tell if it's a canadian car?

Thanks again and I'll add a few pics here this afternoon.
I apprec

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
You might want to give SMS Auto Fabrics to see if they have any yellow and gold vinyl available for the '67. I'm guessing they don't due to the rarity, but you never know.

·
Registered
68 RS L30 AA 749
7,444 Posts
" the Panther theory is out, darn !"

yeah, x2...:pout:

Guess I accidently hit the smokescreen button when I checked the Panther thread.:D Oh well, was fun while it lasted....Still an extraordinary car nonetheless.

Lookin forward to the pix !

·
Registered
68 RS L30 AA 749
7,444 Posts
Was in a hurry in my last post and forgot to thank John (Vintage) for the link !:)

...and Gary, about checking if the car was sold in Canada ; assuming you have no paperwork, I may be wrong but think you can call this place......http://www.camaros.net/vvs/ .....and give them your VIN. If they have record, you can get the report for a small fee.

·
Registered
1967 Chevrolet Camaro RS 1988 corvette 1970 CUDA 2019 RAM hemi
29 Posts
:hurray:
hurray,
a yellow interior question.i too have just got another 67 and this 1 has yellow interior.i too have need of int. parts and have found very few to choose from.
p.o.p. has interior code Y = yellow interior
exterior code Y2 Y = butternut yellow
2 = black vinyl top
its a rs.custom interior=707 trim tag.z=bucket seats.the paint is yellow,carpet gold,dash pad gold,headliner is line dot yellow (found n.o.s. at place in longbeach cal. not inexpensive but well worth it).even posts are yellow.bucket seats are yellow w/gold accents (stripes).has fold down rear also in yellow gold,armrests too are the light yellow.
with car was documents from previous owners. copies of titles,manuals
and among other things was a camaro enthusist magazine article about this very subject.april 1998 ,its title double yellow/double yellow.crg site has lotta info and about the 67`s interior colors the Y is rarest. I HOPE i have read this correctly and also encourge you to look there too.
i came to this site cause another previous owner had his registered to this site info here.cant find it now .apietrzak i think its your old car i have now.relax its in good hands..lol(if i can say so myself)..thanks............................................phil

·
Registered
1967 Chevrolet Camaro RS 1988 corvette 1970 CUDA 2019 RAM hemi
29 Posts
thanks mario,
will try w/pix when put it back together.took me a month to get back on site ..lol
where is this sms auto fabrics at?

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
i believe the yellow int on a 67 isn't nearly as bright as a 69 int.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts