Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was cleaning out the garage and came across a set of the SS style N66 wheels. All were coded YA for a 69 Chevelle, Camaro or Nova. What would be a fair asking price to move these out of my way? I saw an old thread from ten years ago where they seemed to be going for around $125 each without rings or caps. Most of these have tires still mounted on them, and need some cleaning up. A couple have some surface rust. I have about 7 of them, but one has the lug holes wallered out to it's probably a "tosser". So a full set with a couple spares thrown in.

Should I be able to get $50 each or somewhere in that ballpark?

Attachments

·
Registered
667 Posts
You should be able to get $50 each without too much issue. I have a set of 4 with trim rings and SS center caps in good condition that I was going to try and sell for somewhere around $500 and see how they go. Now that they make reproductions in larger diameter sizes, the desirability has gone down a little bit, but you still shouldn't have a hard time selling them.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Tom, they would look nice on one of your convertibles all restored with BFG RWL! Should be able to get $500 after all the crap clears in our world.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
I'd pay you the $50 each if you were closer. Those are what came on my 69 I believe and I'd love to put away a set so that I have them if I ever want to go from day 2 to bone stock.

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd pay you the $50 each if you were closer. Those are what came on my 69 I believe and I'd love to put away a set so that I have them if I ever want to go from day 2 to bone stock.
If I can get those old tires dismounted I may be able to ship them without too much trouble.

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tom, they would look nice on one of your convertibles all restored with BFG RWL! Should be able to get $500 after all the crap clears in our world.
HaHa, I actually already have a set on my 69! These were just extra's that I had laying around taking up space. I might keep one of them for a spare. I ordered a new set of tires from the local Discount Tire. Surprisingly, he was lower than almost all the online sources that I found at $146 / Tire. Of course, I could go down to a 235 and get the Coopers for around $100 each, but I kind of like the way the 245's fill our the fenders. I get some very minor rubbing if I cut the wheel really hard, but it has not been an issue. Hopefully the BFG's will have the same dimensions and won't be an issue.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
If I can get those old tires dismounted I may be able to ship them without too much trouble.
----------
Edit:
I'm going to have to read up a little closer on these wheels I think. This was posted by William over on CRG:
"RPO N66 "Sports Wheels for Camaro SS" were a short-lived option, dropped at the end of calendar year 1968. Chevy records indicate 314 cars were built with them. A few months ago Kurt located a window sticker from one of them, the first I've seen.

The 1970 Chevrolet Press meet featured a '69 Camaro SS with N66 wheels for some reason. As of January 1, 1969 they were no longer listed as an option."

It looks like I was mistaken that these could have come on my late 69 Camaro... Lame. Thanks anyway.

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
----------
Edit:
I'm going to have to read up a little closer on these wheels I think. This was posted by William over on CRG:
"RPO N66 "Sports Wheels for Camaro SS" were a short-lived option, dropped at the end of calendar year 1968. Chevy records indicate 314 cars were built with them. A few months ago Kurt located a window sticker from one of them, the first I've seen.

The 1970 Chevrolet Press meet featured a '69 Camaro SS with N66 wheels for some reason. As of January 1, 1969 they were no longer listed as an option."

It looks like I was mistaken that these could have come on my late 69 Camaro... Lame. Thanks anyway.
My 69 was an Oct car, so I guess it could have come with them (although I know it did not - I have the stock steelies that came on it, along with one of the N95 Simulated Wire Wheel Covers that it was ordered with.)

I think they look awesome on the 69's, so whether the car came with them or not, I like to run them.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
My 69 was an Oct car, so I guess it could have come with them (although I know it did not - I have the stock steelies that came on it, along with one of the N95 Simulated Wire Wheel Covers that it was ordered with.)

I think they look awesome on the 69's, so whether the car came with them or not, I like to run them.
Agreed. I like the looks of them too. If I were going back to stock, I'd want to go with the correct parts for my car. If it weren't a numbers car, I wouldn't worry about it. Until then, I like Day 2 best.

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You should be able to get $50 each without too much issue. I have a set of 4 with trim rings and SS center caps in good condition that I was going to try and sell for somewhere around $500 and see how they go. Now that they make reproductions in larger diameter sizes, the desirability has gone down a little bit, but you still shouldn't have a hard time selling them.
A couple of my buddies have the 17 inch repros on their Chevelles, but I just don't like them as much as the originals with the caps and rings. And I like a little sidewall on my musclecars. The rubber band look just doesn't do it for me.

·
Premium Member
6,538 Posts
Heres mine with N66 wheels on it back in 1984

Reactions: HawkX66
1 - 12 of 12 Posts