Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
11,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the Chevelle YA rims (5 spoke SS rims) 69 Camaro is listed at .40 backspacing and Chevelle is listed at .88 backspacing. Can you put Chevelle rims on a 69 Camaro? How big is the .48 difference? And don't say 1/2 an inch :D Does it effect anything?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
Here is the problem I had with them. I bought 4 sswheels. 2 were YA and the other two were AO. Mounted the tires and bolted them on. Out for a test drive and I thought the wheels were going to fall off the car it was making so much noise. Now my 69 convt. is a standard car with drum brakes so you can't put some ss wheels on the front because the wheel weights hit the tie rod ends. Then I got to looking at the wheels and you can see the difference in the offset. So we rotated the tires front to back and all is ok.

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
What you need is for somone on this site to chime in who has the same coded ss wheels that you have or are going to buy just to be sure. I would like to say yes but I was suprised when I had the problem.I thought that the different code was just going into the next year never thinking it was a different back spacing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts