Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been years since I put a '78 Z28 cluster in my '76. Clock never worked. Took it apart today, the windup solenoid worked, so did the moving parts, but they slowed down and stopped. I blasted it out with electrical contact cleaner, works great now!! I know, not a major item, but I like those little things to work.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey, that may be a good tip.. the clock in my 76 LT hasn't worked for years.. hadn't taken the time to remove to see what the actual problem was.. I had been looking to just buy a new one, but all have to be sure and check it out first.. thanks
do you have any pics of your car?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got the cluster back in, clock still ticking. It should, it worked for 4 hours out of the car. It's strange, all quiet in the car (engine off) and this new noise ticking! The cluster isn't done yet. The (*^$$#xx connection on he board is delicate and I need to get my mirror and straighten the connections out. I had glued them in place, but I guess one came off. The left T/S doesn't flash!

Baerit-- I don't know how to get pictures in here, I can E-mail them to you? I think I can find some of the outside engine and interior.

IT'S STILL TICKING!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts