Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased the Year One 350 Crate Engine? It seems like a good deal for $2990 but I wasn't sure if its a good quality engine.

Clint

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've heard nothing but good things about Year Ones crate engines, the 350 included. For that price, an excellent deal on an overall solid performer.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I bought my GM performance crate 350 from Summit Racing for less than GM was selling the same engine.Dont know how this could happen and the local GM dealer I was gonna buy it from didnt know how they could sell the same GM motor for cheaper than he could.Might be some even better deals in the wake of the slow down in the economy...I'd look around a little but to answer your question i've heard only good things about Year Ones stuff.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
I bought my GM performance crate 350 from Summit Racing for less than GM was selling the same engine.Dont know how this could happen and the local GM dealer I was gonna buy it from didnt know how they could sell the same GM motor for cheaper than he could.Might be some even better deals in the wake of the slow down in the economy...
It's commonplace for products to be sold cheaper by distributors than from the original company who makes them. At least, this is true in most other industries. It's easier for a company to sell at big discounts to high volume distributors, and in some cases, the OEM makes it cost prohibitive to buy it from them on purpose. In other words, when you bought the crate from Summit, it's as good as buying it from GM...in GM's eyes.

·
Registered
575 Posts
My question on buying the engine from a distributor VS the OEM is what kind of warranty are you getting and is the distributor going to warranty the engine or is the OEM?
You get the same warranty with a GM engine if you buy it from Summit, jegs, or from me, as you would from GM.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I've been looking at the Year One and the Blueprint Engine. The Blueprint Engine have almost 3 times the warranty, been around much longer and put out more power. I've yet to find anyone with one to attest to their quality, but they are carried by Summit and Jegs and I'm going to call and find out there take on quality.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts