Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 69 X77D80 car I am restoring. The paint and interior codes are TR 714 and PNT 76 B . I have two questions.
First , this is an original console car but the console is missing. Everything in this car is yellow except the dash, headliner and carpet. I have seen different color consoles before, I assume the console would be black but just wanted some input.
Also, the interior sources I have called said they have stop making Yellow Houndstooth because there is no demand for it. Does anyone know of a source for this interior?

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
The console should be black with yellow houndstooth.

An alternate source could be whatever GM used on mid-70s Buicks; Skyhawk I think. They also had houndstooth interiors, do not know if yellow was one of them.

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I spoke to Rick's already. They said that there were not enough cars with the Yelooe Houndstooth produced for them to make the covers available so I am trying to find another source.

·
Retired
26,645 Posts
www.yearone.com still shows yellow in their online catalog... Try them or Ground-Up or any of the many other shops out there. Even if the manufacture doesn't make it any more (I doubt it though) someones bound to have some in stock...

·
15,370 Posts
C.A.R.S. Inc. is the only manufacturer that has it. Year One gets it from C.A.R.S., as do the other suppliers.

#7101 is their part number for Yellow Houndstooth upholstery material. It's $79 a yard. They have to be made up.

Bob at C.A.R.S told me just now that they have three sets of the yellow Houndstooth seat COVERS in stock:
#2974 is the number for front buckets. $279
#2978 is the rear seat.
$29 a pair for headrest covers. They have to be made.

1-800-CARS-INC is his number.

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just called CARS INC and the do have it . $900.00 for the complete interior kit. Thank you for the information.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I didn't know that the major suppliers had stopped carrying the yellow/black houndstooth. I'm glad I installed in my car a long time ago. I did buy some houndstooth and yellow vinyl from CARS, Inc. when I did my interior. I had an interior shop fab some doorpanels using the houndstooth. I used the yellow vinyl to wrap the headrests, seat backs and seatbelt housings. I got tired of the yellow dye chipping off from the hard plastic pieces.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts