Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 977 Series Stewart and Warner greenline tach I would like to install in a Yenko clone I am building.The car will NOT have the original K-66 ignition that came with from factory but rather the stock points distributor with the Pertronix electonic ignition module installed. The 990-A monitor is for the K-66 and the 990-B is for points, but when converted to Pertronix does it take the B or the A. I have both but am reluctant to hook anything up until I get a definitive answer. Anyone know for sure? I tried e-mailing Stewart and Warner but it came back undeliverable.

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
Is it a Pertronix Ignitor I, II, or III?

I believe the I and II do not alter normal tach operation for points type hookup, that is just connecting tach (990-B) to the negative side of the coil. The III does multispark so I wouldn't know how that effects the signal.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The ignition is just the Petronix Ignitor 1.I think you are correct about the pulse signal and using the 990-B. I will try contacting Stewart and Warner with the link given to confirm. Thanks for the quick response and your help. Much appreciated!:beers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts