Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work for a Collector Car Insurance Agency. I have been asked to insure a 1969 Yenko 427 for $100,000. Does anyone know of a website I can visit or a phone number I can call to verify the VIN number and check recent comparable sales? Thanks!

·
Registered
285 Posts
You might want to give Brian Henderson a call at the Supercar Workshop in Latrobe, PA. He's one of the top Yenko authorities in the nation and has many of the VIN's and could help verify pricing. He also frequents this board often.

There are also some partial VINs shown at www.copo.com

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you can get into the NICB ,then you could get the Dealer name the car was shipped to,date it was shipped,options car originally came with and possibly owner history.NICB stands for National Insurance Crime Bureau.You must be a member,meaning Law Enforcement community or insurance company fraud department.For more Imfo on the NICB , just do a search,it's on the internet.Good Luck,Dan

·
Registered
285 Posts
Dan, I've had a number of my cars searched through NICB. I have only been able to get the shipping date and the original dealer the car was shipped to.

I am curious how you are able to get options and ownership history from this service.

·
Registered
25 Posts
There is a good deal to consider when determining a price of a Yenko Camaro. The correctness of the car. Originality plays a big factor. Not every Yenko Camaro will reach the high end, but some do. With this in mind, have a person that understands the car, estimate a value. Yes they sell for that money and more. Make sure that this car is one of them....BKH
Super Car Workshop
724-532-1975

1 - 8 of 8 Posts