1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
This guy lives about 10 miles from me, he is good at restoring camaros.
But this is a clone if my memory serves me correctly .... done very nicely with mostly gm parts.....but still a clone :yes:

if im wrong sorry, but i talked to him early last year before the car was finished and this is what i remember....
Very close to my hometown of Altoona. Used to date a girl from Martinsburg in HS.
My sis lives in Duncansville.

Oh yeah, Nice car also.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Very close to my hometown of Altoona. Used to date a girl from Martinsburg in HS.
My sis lives in Duncansville.

Oh yeah, Nice car also.
your a long way from home but your not missing much, Altoona's going down hill fast.
My brother lives in Woodstock GA and he's always looking to move back but its hard to pass up the kind of $ to made in the large citys.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
your a long way from home but your not missing much, Altoona's going down hill fast.
My brother lives in Woodstock GA and he's always looking to move back but its hard to pass up the kind of $ to made in the large citys.
I left Altoona 21 years ago when I was 18....it was going down hill then. Still have all my family there, though I don't get back often.

Was a fun place to grow up though at the time....I miss it in a weird kind of way. Are you from D'ville originally?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I left Altoona 21 years ago when I was 18....it was going down hill then. Still have all my family there, though I don't get back often.

Was a fun place to grow up though at the time....I miss it in a weird kind of way. Are you from D'ville originally?
Im about 3 miles south of duncanville, and yes ive been here since i was about 8 so thats 32 yrs.
i lived in altoona before that.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
nope the area where i live is spring cove school district so i went to central high in martinsburg pa......
ya never know maybe we bumped into each other years ago..
Yeah My family lived in MArtinsburg for a while after I left home. My brother went to Central for a while. I used to know a girl named Zana...can't remember her last name...maybe Snyder?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Yeah My family lived in MArtinsburg for a while after I left home. My brother went to Central for a while. I used to know a girl named Zana...can't remember her last name...maybe Snyder?
yep i know her, i remember she was really skinny , she was a year or two behind me.
zana and her friends used to party with me and my friends.
she was a nice girl, i went out with her myself a few times.
she also had so really hot friends if you met them you would probably remember.:yes:
it appears we have simalar taste in cars (67's) and women :thumbsup:
it really is a small world
id say we strayed a bit from the original topic of this thread , sorry everybody, have one on me :beers:

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
for $125,000 i would think he could take more than 4 pics.
If you post pics hosted on CL you can only post four per ad.
He could link through photobucket though.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
yep i know her, i remember she was really skinny , she was a year or two behind me.
zana and her friends used to party with me and my friends.
she was a nice girl, i went out with her myself a few times.
she also had so really hot friends if you met them you would probably remember.:yes:
it appears we have simalar taste in cars (67's) and women :thumbsup:
it really is a small world
id say we strayed a bit from the original topic of this thread , sorry everybody, have one on me :beers:
Yeah, REALLY skinny girl...cute though. I remember her having a friend named Roxanne I think. I do remember them being party gals though. They went to Central and I went to AAHS....I think I met them in Vo-Tech in Altoona one year. Funny how I remember that stuff all these years later. Like I siad , I never lived in Martinsburg, I was already in the service by then...but my family lived there for years after tthey left Altoona.

I remember being in HS and all the guys camr to cruise Altoona a lot from Hollidaysburg, Duncansville, and Martinsburg. Drove around the Mall...then to downtown. Before they put a stop to cruising. We did it EVERY weekend...we had some sweet cars back then.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I remember being in HS and all the guys camr to cruise Altoona a lot from Hollidaysburg, Duncansville, and Martinsburg. Drove around the Mall...then to downtown. Before they put a stop to cruising. We did it EVERY weekend...we had some sweet cars back then.
yep i remember roxy too, she married a freind of mine
I also used to cruise downtown altoona weekly then when the cops put an end to it we all headed out to bedford or tyrone to cruise.
It wasnt too long till there was no place left to cruise at all...
well by then everyone started to sell or park their muscle cars.
i wish i still had the 68 firebird i had back then....

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
yep i remember roxy too, she married a freind of mine
I also used to cruise downtown altoona weekly then when the cops put an end to it we all headed out to bedford or tyrone to cruise.
It wasnt too long till there was no place left to cruise at all...
well by then everyone started to sell or park their muscle cars.
i wish i still had the 68 firebird i had back then....
I distinctly remember when they put an end to the cruising. The stopped it quick too. We used to stand there on the corner at what used to be the movie theatre.
My friends all had cars in our group, there was a White 68 Chevelle with a blue top, a Burgundy 72 Monte Carlo with a White top, I had a 73 Pontiac Ventura, another friend had a 66 Impala.
We used to go to the Logan Valley Mall first, then when it closed for the night we all headed downtown. I bet there were 100 cars down there every Friday night....fun stuff.

Small world huh? Well if ya see Zana or Roxanne tell them I said hi...I doubt they would remember me....been a long time. Just tell them Brian Pensyl said hi, and they may remember my buddy Gomer (not his real name, it's his nickname). I think they knew my younger brother Sheldon Pensyl also.

Maybe next time I go back home we'll get in touch and I can see your 67!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hey guys, I am also from the Cove, graduated from Central in 80, crusied the block in 80 in my 68 Camaro then sold it and crusied around in my dark green 69 GTO. If you ever see me at one of the local crusins stop in and say hi.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts