Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just wanted to introduce myself. I only found this site a few weeks ago while searching for a 69'. I finally found one (elsewhere) and I'm having it transported to Atlanta next week. I'm really excited. I've owned a 2nd gen (79' Z28) and a 3rd gen (84' t-top) in the past, and this will be like going back to my high school days getting a 1st gen camaro. Ever since I had my 1st of 3 children 18yrs ago, I kinda gave up caring about cars. Some of you know the deal :p. So yeah, I'm a 48yr old guy rediscovering the pride of owning a car you actually want to wash and wax.

I've been reading threads here like crazy. I know I'll be asking a lot of questions in the coming weeks/months, but I also know to use a search button! :cool:

Anyway, I'm glad to be part of a community where there are obviously some very professional folks. I've extremely impressed with the knowledge base here, as well as the rapid response time for answering someone's questions/concerns. You guys rock!

Kevin

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Welcome aboard from sunny So. Cal. :cool: Congrats on your purchase. Post some pictures soon! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kevin, welcome to the group. It is awesome and good luck with car search.
You missed the part where I found one! :)

Welcome aboard from sunny So. Cal. :cool: Congrats on your purchase. Post some pictures soon! :thumbsup:
Welcome to Team Camaro and congrats on finding a first gen Camaro -- post pics when you get a chance
Thanks, fellas. I will be sure to post pics when I get it transported, which will hopefully be by late next week, at the latest. Already knowing some things that will need repair, I've read a lot of "searched" threads here. I have a lot to learn, but also enjoy helping others once I've gained the knowledge to be able to. I belong to another forum, so I'm forum savvy (totally unrelated to cars). I've also read some great articles here from Brian (?) about painting, bondo, etc...

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome Kevin. I just bought my first Gen1 in March and I'm just catching my breath with all the mods I dove into. Gotta love it. congrats and welcome to best car site on the net.
I agree that this is the best car site. Congrats on your 1st gen purchase, as well! I'm only about 60 days behind you...but probably light years behind in knowledge of these beasts.:eek:

Hey kevin - greetings from Northern California - and congrats on the 1st gen purchase!
Thank you, sir. This place truly seems like a brotherhood. You can imagine how excited I am. I've already ordered some ramps, Chilton's manual, & POR-15 (seems like you gotta have this stuff, lol). I've checked prices on fuel senders, tanks, body skins etc... Yep, like a kid in a candy shop.

My honest confession: Guys, I quit changing my own friggin' oil many years ago. I do change my own disc brakes, plugs/wires etc., but for the most part.......I've been a "don't have time, take it to a shop" kinda guy for many years now. I was never a whiz with cars and hardly understand how a motor works. Yet, I can't wait to relearn things I used to know....and learn many, many more that I never knew.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I agree that this is the best car site. Congrats on your 1st gen purchase, as well! I'm only about 60 days behind you...but probably light years behind in knowledge of these beasts.:eek:

My honest confession: Guys, I quit changing my own friggin' oil many years ago. I do change my own disc brakes, plugs/wires etc., but for the most part.......I've been a "don't have time, take it to a shop" kinda guy for many years now. I was never a whiz with cars and hardly understand how a motor works. Yet, I can't wait to relearn things I used to know....and learn many, many more that I never knew.
My name is Booman55 and I don't change my own oil either.:yes: I stopped changing my oil in my other vehicle years ago as well. I didn't have the time or the setup where I was living and it was more convenient to drop it off on the way to work and have it done.
That's one of the reasons I bought the Camaro, to get back into the flow of doing car maintainance and learning some new tricks. I've got a garage now in my new house, so I'm going to get some jackstands and/or ramps and start doing all the work myself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts