Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know...people think I'm insane:yes:...but I'm not hurting anyone,just having some fun.

A little history.I bought this car in 1980 and it had these wheels on it at the time (still have them too...15x7's & 15x8.5's) and this is how it looked:

Since then,I've had the stock Z/28 steel wheels on it:

These Vintage Wheel Works V-40's on it:

And most recently,these 18" AR CL205's:

And now,I've come full-circle after 27 years....

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I like the look of the VWW V40s, I just bought a set of V45s and I can't wait to get them on my 68. I like the look of your latest issue on the 70s Camaros. They just seem to make it POP!. Whoever put them on in the first place had the right idea!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Funny,because I most recently had them on my Chevelle and I thought because of the fatter spokes,they would look right at home but I didn't care for the look:

And of course they were originally intended for this car when I bought them:

They may have found a home on the '70 Z/28 though...I've come full-circle...after 27 years.:yes:

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
They look nice but IMO they would look a lot better if they were shiny spokes like the 200S wheel.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Not my style man:noway:...not a "billet-type" guy...unless the car is Black.
I prefer the painted/cast spoke look.Much more racy looking...:yes:

·
Registered
15 Posts
hey john, nice car and sweet tires! I have a 73 Z-28 just comming out of paint. My next agenda is wheels and tires. Do you know of or could anyone help with pics or a web site where I could actually se and compare diff. styles and sizes. I was thinking of going 18's in back and 17's in front. help!!:confused:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Not my style man:noway:...not a "billet-type" guy...unless the car is Black.
I prefer the painted/cast spoke look.Much more racy looking...:yes:

I have to ditto that. Just love the old style satin 200s wheels. Still have my old VHS copy of "Two Lane Blacktop". If you don't know, google it.

·
Registered
657 Posts
John I love the way the 'ol "flower" wheels look in 17s on the '70 Z/28 but what I really admire the most is the quality of workmanship in that car! The picture taken from the back looking up shows just how nice that car is. Great paint and body work. All your stuff is extra nice. Thanks for posting the pictures.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So John, do you have a growing stockpile of rims & tires at home now? LOL
Bonzo,

Not yet,but as soon as my garage is completed at home,I'll be moving them all home.I think I have somewhere around 12 sets of spare wheels/tires for all three cars:yes:...yes,certified insane.:yes:

znut,

You can check www.americanracing.com or www.newstalgiawheel.com for a program where you can see how different wheels look on your car.It allows you to change stance and colors but I am unsure on the 17/18" option.

JV69z/28rs,

Thanks for your comments man....:thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts