Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read some pretty funny stories about crazy things some gearheads do, but this story has to be the crown jewel of them all :D

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,613 Posts
Yeah, right. :rolleyes: I bet thats true :rolleyes:
 

·
Retired
Joined
·
26,739 Posts
Let's start with the stretcher, where short of search and rescue and the military do emt's use stretchers these days? they have colapsing gurneys that they roll so they don't have to physically carry people. Next if the guy dropped trousers and sat down, then tossed the lit sig between his legs or did a one cheek sneek the most that would have happened is a fire would have ignited. Chances are the flash point would not have been met and the smoke would have been put out. Say the bowl did ignite, the guy would have had burned private parts but his pants were at his ankles. I could see the guy jumping up and tripping as he ran for the door. He was not blown through the door...

Backing up further, have you ever started a motorcycle in gear? If he was kick starting it he would have realized by how hard it was to kick over and most likely just pulled in the clutch. If it was electric start the push of the button would have caused the bike to lerch forward a bit and again anyone would have pulled in the clutch...

I wonder how much this writer makes? I certainly could use the extra cash and there sure are plenty of old stories I could dig up and rewrite...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,064 Posts
Total BS.....Like you said Dennis...The gas in the toilet bowl would ignite, not explode since you need a high concentration of vapors to explode. Why would someone light a cigarette and sit there and smoke it for 5 or so minutes without the vapors igniting at that time in a closed bathroom? Why wouldn't he have smelled the gas vapors in the first place? There are just too many flaws in this story. :noway:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
Story reminds me of my days in tech school. One of my room mates brought his motorcycle into the trailer house we were renting. He had the carb torn down and was running it through the dishwasher! Room mate happened to be in the shower when the landlord stopped by. Landlord walked straight into the bathroom and said "The motorcycle in the living room...NO!" and walked out! Funny, we didn't get our deposite back on that place. We were young and dumb -a few clowns short of a full circus so to speak.
Didn't "Myth Busters" catch wind of this and TRY to blow someone off a toilet? I believe the outcome was as DJD said -the cig went out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
677 Posts
There is one main dead giveaway that this story never happened. We all know that no female would dump smelly gasoline in the toilet. My wife gripes if I start my car in the garage and fumes get into the house.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top