Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im Josh. I'm lookin for my first camaro and no it's not because im just getting into it it's because im turning 16 this winter and definately want my first car to be a camaro. I've been working since I was 12 and saving up my money every summer for this. I'm open for all kinds of advice and pointers so if you have something for me or know of something for me to look at don't be afraid to let me know.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Welcome to the Team. Try searching the classifieds section here on TC...maybe there is one that might be for you. Good luck with your search. I hope you find a your dream car soon! :waving:

·
Registered
595 Posts
Hey guys im Josh. I'm lookin for my first camaro and no it's not because im just getting into it it's because im turning 16 this winter and definately want my first car to be a camaro. I've been working since I was 12 and saving up my money every summer for this. I'm open for all kinds of advice and pointers so if you have something for me or know of something for me to look at don't be afraid to let me know.
a 67-69 is big bucks (for 95% of us but especially for a 16 year old)...the 70-73's are also pretty steep. the 74-81's can be cool and low budget. a guy around here found a black 78 in near MINT condition for less than $3000. if your budget is between 5-10k thats what I'd look for (my first was a 76 Type LT) or if your budget is 10-15k I'd look for an LS1 car 98-02's I think...those LS1 motors are friggin wicked.

·
Premium Member
9,619 Posts
Welcome to the site, and the "club" - One word of advice: Ask lots of questions about any specific car you might be interested, get opinions etc., and post pics and details BEFORE you buy it... people here will look out for your best interest and may be aboe to see things / point oit things that you may miss.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I hope you go with 1st if not early 2nd generation. Use the body and frame and build the crap out of it. Welcome to the site , Great to see the younger crowd into it!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys! I was thinking probably a third gen but was thinking that i could get one with a 350 (havent found too many people putting lt1's in but that'd be sweet) that would need little work. I also kind of wanted a manual but i've found out that those are very hard to find. let me know if you find something but thanks for all of the help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im from right around appleton...just south of green bay. I don't mind traveling a little bit for a car worth it but don't really want to waste my time going very far for a car i wish i would've never seen.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wouldnt even mind a fourth gen car, 93-97 most likely, and those are much easier to find but also more expensive, and unless it's cheap, between 4 and 4500 idk if i could afford it.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Welcome Josh. I agree with you about the 93-97's. I just sold a 97SS with an LT1 and let me tell you that car RIPPED! Good Luck and welcome.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts