Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IYO, which of this two wheel styles looks better?
I'm a bit inclined, but not 100%, to the second one, cause it doesn't looks like the TTs, which lots of cars around here have. What you Guys think?

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
He, He!!

Imho, Pony-car Bullitt's!!!

pdq67

PS., But I do like the first one even if it does kinds look like TT's.... Then again, I'm old-school...

·
Registered
59 Posts
the smoothie you can buy smoothie 1 for a lot les than smoothie 2 check my web site i have one,s on my camaro

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I am installing TT's on my 69 Camaro, but actually if I had the choice between those two, I would go with the second ones! (Magneato), has a nice clean unique look.

·
15,370 Posts
I've toyed with the idea of using something very close to the second style. TT's are like red or blue paint on a Camaro..... everyone has them.
But I can't get past the fact that the second style looks like and reminds me of an iron cross. You know, the West Coast Choppers logo? But they do have a small bit of 'bad ***-ness' to them. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,325 Posts
Orench, I think either would be nice but, I think with your 68 the more rounded the body like a 67 or 68, the TT-2 would be my choice, if I had another 68. The smoothie 2's are on my sons S10 and althou he likes them, I don't care for the deep-dish look. For a 69 I would prefer the second one, it has a more square or sharp corners to it to match the more square look of the 69...Just my .o2...Good luck with your choice...Mike P.S. here is a picture of my sons S10,

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the pic Zuma! They do look better instaled. Lets see, the scale is past even to the smoothies right now...

·
Retired
26,618 Posts
Originally posted by pdq67:
AND just how many Camaro's do you think you will see shod with Pony-car Bullitts???

He, He!!

pdq67
None yet because I don't think we have seen your Camaro yet, or did I just miss it? Didn't you have to change the lug spacing on your hubs to fit the ford wheels? What did you do for center cap emblems?

#2 gets my vote...

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
What size are you thinking. I like the 2nd one, especially if 17" or bigger

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Definitively 17s.

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Now this! If I want them relatively fast (±2 weeks), I have to settle for the following sizes; 17x7 w/4.5 BS & 17x8 w/4.5 BS. If I want 4", 4.25" or 4.75" BS, I may have to wait something between 1.5 to 3 months.
Can I live with those 4.5" of BS? I know the front can use a 1/8" spacer if needed, but my concern is the rear. I'm going to use 255-45-17 on the rears. What you Guys think???

·
Retired
26,618 Posts
Don't settle for less than what you want even if it adds time to get them!! Once they are on the car you don't want to be kicking yourself for not waiting a few weeks. It's 4-6 weeks here for most custom orders and you have the comfort of knowing you didn't get a set of wheels off the shelf...

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
Had Mosers convert everything to the Ford bolt pattern and added their 1/2" studs and Althread bolts

I'm gonna run the Pony-Car center caps!!

pdq67

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
I like the second wheel much better (the one on the right).

I agree with Dennis wait and get what you really want. That time will pass reaf fast and if you settle you will be stuck with the size/look you know you really don't want. It will never look right to you.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts