Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,714 Posts
Tag is real and yes they came with vinyl tops.

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
Nope the tag is real. I am NOT an authority on Camaro's either. However, I would like to be.

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
This is not an election. If you not sure don't say. This is why people are afraid to post pics of their tag. This is not directed to m22mike directly but at the back and forth opinions on someones car.
Humm...this is a forum not school. Every one has an opinion and they have the right to say what they observe. If it doesn't bother the ones in the "know" when the opinions are stated why should it bother you. I understand some of what you are getting to however the final post was by the expert Kurt wasn't it. Ummm until your post...

Kev

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
Still, unless you are sure about a tag, vin engine stamp, whatever people should refrain from posting an opinion. You won't find me saying a tag (or whatever) is real or fake, based on a crappy photo, or off angle shot, even if I think it is, or isn't just because I can't tell for sure. Things posted on this site, or others can drastically affect the value of someone elses car either for the good, or bad and as such we need to be as responsible as we can when posting.

Oh, and the tag is real.

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
Still, unless you are sure about a tag, vin engine stamp, whatever people should refrain from posting an opinion. You won't find me saying a tag (or whatever) is real or fake, based on a crappy photo, or off angle shot, even if I think it is, or isn't just because I can't tell for sure. Things posted on this site, or others can drastically affect the value of someone elses car either for the good, or bad and as such we need to be as responsible as we can when posting.

Oh, and the tag is real.
Mark, I agree with what you say AND how you said it. It was my first time commenting on a tag after years of observing. You stated in your properly worded post about the pros and cons of commenting on the tags and I agree. What I did not like is how we were being SCOLDED by Z10 like a stubborn school children. Making a suggestion as you did is the way to go.Thanks for your properly worded post.

Kev

·
Registered
62 Posts
So 5 to 3 the tag is real. Everytime someone has a question about a tag it seems to be like a vote. I have never seen a 100% agreement on one side or the other. Everyone is an expert. Same thing with engine stamps, part #'s, pop's, build sheets, stickers, etc.

From what I know about any old car.......if you were not there when the car was built or sold new.....you never know 100% what the hell it is! Everything else is speculation or guessing.

Respectfully,

·
Gold Lifetime Member
8,747 Posts
This is not an election. If you not sure don't say. This is why people are afraid to post pics of their tag. This is not directed to m22mike directly but at the back and forth opinions on someones car.
You don't get to make the rules! :p I understand what you're saying but the delivery is all wrong. Until recently I didn't know how to tell a fake tag either, but even without knowing myself I'd look at who said real vs who said fake. When you have KurtS, the owner of camaros.org saying it's real along with a few other guys who are known on this site to know the numbers stuff, you pretty much have your answer whether it's fake or real.

By the way, I vote real also. :yes:

Jody

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
When you have KurtS, the owner of camaros.org saying it's real along with a few other guys who are known on this site to know the numbers stuff, you pretty much have your answer whether it's fake or real.

By the way, I vote real also. :yes:

Jody
I have been reading through this post, thinking that it must be confusing for a person who hasn't been around the site long enough to know who everyone is, their credentials, experience, knowledge, etc to know who to believe.

It's easy for me as I have been around long enough to recognize the posters and realize what they know and the value of their input.

Anywho, I guess I'm agreeing with an earlier post, if you are not really in "the know" or unsure be careful what you post. Not that I'm always perfect, I'm sure if I reviewed all of my posts over the years I've run my mouth a few times about stuff I was not sure about or the expert of.

I do know this though....I don't know squat about how to spot a fake tag from a real tag but I appreciate the guys here who do!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
970 Posts
I would take Kurts word for it and a few others here also. I agree my delivery was wrong in what I was trying to say. I was not addressing the people who have the knowlege to give an expert opinion. I guess I am just frustrated with all that is going on in the hobby. I also agree anyone has the right to express their opinion. In my mind I had already considered the car real based on who said what. I stand corrected.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
It seems to be a few of these Z-10's surfacing lately, I looked at one last weekend that is so original and untouched you wouldn't believe it, it still has the original tires on it from new, needs a total restoration but its 100% original.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts