Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have reciently purchased a warehouse full of old camaros, and camaro parts. from the mid south west, In the collection I have found 6 Z-28 motors, All having the orginal vin, numbers clearly marked on them. 3 of them are 68 MO motors, 2 are DZ and one is CE DZ, I have gone through the parts on the engines and they are right. These have been in the collection since the early to late 70's. Im going to put them up for sale, but with the vin numbers clearly stamped on them, it poses a problem for the guy who has the car they belong to, or mabey he already thinks he has the orginal engine, and he sees his vin number on the net.
My question is, should I put them on a site like this one and mabey the owner will see the vin number? or just sell them out right?
I am a avaid collector of the Z's and Big block cars, and I understand the next guy getting a engine that belongs to another car. It usualy is first come first serve, but I would like to give the owners of these cars a chance to buy the engines first.
Any Ideas??

·
Premium Member
6,538 Posts
I would post them here and give someone a chance at getting their original engine back. Plus there is a database of cars and we may be able to hook up the engine with the car.

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Is N613111 on any DZ engine?

·
Retired
26,600 Posts
What you might want to do is PM Al (site owner) and get his recomendation as to the best way to facilitate this. We have forum classifieds and an area set aside from the forums for Classifieds but it might not be much better than listing the engines on ebay for linking the engine to the car. Think about how long you are willing to hold off selling the engines to others in an effort to get the match made. It could take a while...

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
Absolutely this is a great place to check first. Please post the VINs and we can help try to find the original cars for them if possible.

Edit: Posted at the same time Dennis did. Of course do it his way since he's the Admin of the site.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ill post them here, and let you guys sort them out.
1) 69 DZ mot, V1001DZ 19N516833, cast date I 24 8 cast number 3932386
2) 69 DZ mot, V0509DZ 19N647209 cast date D 27 9 cast number 3970010
3) 68 MO mot, V0524MO 18N456650- This one looks like it was stamped twice, over each other. This number may be wrong, Ill check it again, and have someone else check it. anyways, cast date E 17 8 cast number 3914678. This is a two bolt main, with the 5 windage tray main caps.
4) 68 MO mot, V0403MO 18N414624, cast date C 28 8 cast number 3914678. This also has the windage tray bolts, with two bolt mains.
The other two engines may go to two of the cars I have here, If not, Ill list them also.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also have a 3935440 4 bolt main engine, with a clear 68 vin number on it, and a MQ code, Im sure someone would love to find their vin number on it. and a number of 69 HB and HC 350 engines with 19N vin's on them. All will be going up for sale shortly, Ill post them also if anyone is interested.

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
KevinW said:
Are there any HA or HB engines in the warehouse? That is the code for SS350 4 speed and automatics. I'm sure SS350 owners would like to see the original engines found too :D
Absolutely!! I'd come close to having a heart attack if my original 67's 350 was located.

·
Registered
438 Posts
TENZS,
You are a gentlemen and a scholar. Thank you for giving all of us the first opertunity to possibly reunite our cars ith their original engines.
I commend you.
If you have the time and opertunity to post the other engines you have I along with 100's of others sure wood be thankful for your efforts. Hopefully some lucky owners here could make you happy also.
what an awesome score you have.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Vin number on the MQ motor is 18N462289. Im not totaly sure on the 6, but the rest of the numbers are easily read. The engine cast is 3935440, it is a 4 bolt main, and the cast date is F-12-8

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have more vin numbers to list for anyone who is looking.
This one is a 68 Z-28
V0625MO 18N463594 cast number 3914678 with a cast date of F-3-8
the next engine is for a 69 SS small block.
T0526HB 19N There is a space then the numbers 64549, So it either has a number in the space, 5-6 or 7 or a number at the end. Sorry I cant be more help on this one. Now the block is said to be a rare one, 3932388. It is a 4 bolt main, and suppose to be a early block, ranging from sept 68 to jan 69.so I guess we can eliminate the 7 from the numbers. I have not been able to find a block date. It does have a cast symbol where the date would be, I have never seen it before.???

Well, I hope these numbers make someone happy.

·
Registered
438 Posts
how about mid Jan to end of Feb HB engines?? or Mid april to mid May HB engines?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi Mark,
Im sure it wont be in there, but this Z has been garaged since 1981,
Vin number 124379N690321 its a X-77 D-80 car, 09D build date with 713 trim and 50-B paint. I dont know if you want the info for your database or not.
The other has been garaged since 77, Im sure its not either, but its vin number is 124379N632671, its a X-33 with a 04C build date, and 715 trim and 69 69 pnt.
Never seen paint and trim combo like that, but its different.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts