Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
The rivets on the trim tag look bogus. There use to be a car like this around Sacramento that was not real. The T10 is confusing

·
Registered
1969 Z28 Camaro X33 Tuxedo Black
76 Posts
Why is the picture taken at a truck stop? For that kind of money you would think he would have cleaned it up, If you are looking for something original there are several things in the engine bay that needs to be addressed. I couldn't get a closer look at the rivets on the cowl tag, but they may be suspect. I recommend checking it out in person or have someone that knows 69 Z28's to go look at it.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I will just add that if you are after a real Z/28, you have to do your homework, starting with decoding the trim tag in the cowl.
There´s a lot and well known parts that a real Z/28 carry without doubt.
But to have a nice ´69 with the Z/28 looks, is very rewarding as well. It even alouds you to modify it without remorse.

·
Premium Member
3,757 Posts
Well it's not unrestored, the rear stripes are painted wrong. The trim tag rivets don't look odd to me. It could just be a guy that doesn't really know these cars. A super T looks the same as a Muncie to the untrained eye. Without seeing it in person I would say high 20's- mid 30's if it is actually a Z.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Let's say its a real Z and the T-10 turns out to be a Muncie. If the paint and body is good, no rust on the floor pans or trunk pan, and we already know the engine is not original, $40k - 50k is more like it. You would still want to find out as many numbers as possible, the more numbers that do match the better. Not sure where the OP is from but if flying out is not an option, you need to get someone you trust and who is knowledgeable to go check out every inch of the car. He is going to have that car a long time if he really is firm at $68k.

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
Why is the picture taken at a truck stop? For that kind of money you would think he would have cleaned it up, If you are looking for something original there are several things in the engine bay that needs to be addressed. I couldn't get a closer look at the rivets on the cowl tag, but they may be suspect. I recommend checking it out in person or have someone that knows 69 Z28's to go look at it.
My first thought was he owns the trucking company and has it stored inside there. Just a guess.
I could not clearly make out the paint code but can see the center of the rivets which are high. They look like cheesy rivets on my PC
Better pic of tag would clear a couple questions. Black adds value in my book.

·
Registered
702 Posts
At 68k he will own the car a long time.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Stripes look correct to me, if it came without a spoiler, then added. The spoiler was an option, mine came without a spoiler and that rare flat hood!

·
Premium Member
3,757 Posts
The flat hood was by far a rare option. The tag looks like it has two seven's on it to me. I could be wrong. If it is indeed two seven's, why the brightwork? Where is the white paint in the top of the cowl? Doesn't look like a survivor, or original car to me personally. Some may also challenge the black grille, but many are out there with black grilles.

·
Registered
130 Posts
The flat hood was by far a rare option. The tag looks like it has two seven's on it to me. I could be wrong. If it is indeed two seven's, why the brightwork? Where is the white paint in the top of the cowl? Doesn't look like a survivor, or original car to me personally. Some may also challenge the black grille, but many are out there with black grilles.
Where in CA are you located? I’m in seaside(about 20 miles from Salinas) for a week

·
Premium Member
3,757 Posts
Sorry, but I'm on the east coast. I'm by far an expert von these cars, but have learned alot over the years from others on this site, and with personal experiences. It is a cool car don't get me wrong. The pictures and the description are lacking to get too deep into a realistic value on this car.

·
Registered
45 Posts

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Cleaned up this car could be sold for mid to high 30's easily. Great color running, interior appears to be good, complete. Sold a plain Jane 350/4 speed X-44 restored for $39,000. with a $24000 investment.

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
You don't and won't get crap for 15K anymore, your dreamin.

·
14,259 Posts
I agree. $15k might get you 1/2 way value wise. However the seller is looney asking $68. Do see any deal in the works here.

·
Premium Member
3,757 Posts
You don't and won't get crap for 15K anymore, your dreamin.
I agree. I paid 15K for my Z 10 years ago. Then I restored it. Easy sell us about half what the seller is asking.

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
I agree. I paid 15K for my Z 10 years ago. Then I restored it. Easy sell us about half what the seller is asking.
That was a steal even 10 years ago Keith!

·
Premium Member
3,757 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts