Team Camaro Tech banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
I will say a decent deal, not a great deal.it took 7 years to do a complete rotisserie restoration. Lots of metal work. All done in my shop, but painted it in my buddies garage because it was new and clean. The car turned out way better than expected.

·
14,265 Posts
Van Nuys built so no X Codes.

Without the original drivetrain it’s extremely hard to confirm it was a Z28.

The TT rivets are not right as I’m looking at them and bigger thing that makes me think it not a Z is that the Z/28 fender badges are not in the correct location on the fenders. The badge on the tail panel also appears to be in the wrong location. Slightly to the left when compared the pictures of other Zs

Need the VIN to cross check the March 69 build date on the TT. Possible somebody stuck a 10 10 tag off another car on this one. You never know. I once saw a NOR tag on a VN car.

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
All valid thoughts, but the emblems are not a deal breaker. My date coded "original" cowl hood has the 302 emblems in the wrong place, and one is crooked. I have a buddy that has an original paint 67 RS SS and on the driver's fender it only has an "S". All these years and no one has fixed it. It would have driven me crazy.
This car does not scream unrestored Z to me.

·
Premium Member
Shawn Lemans Blue 1969 Camaro LS3, TKO 600
458 Posts
I will say a decent deal, not a great deal.it took 7 years to do a complete rotisserie restoration. Lots of metal work. All done in my shop, but painted it in my buddies garage because it was new and clean. The car turned out way better than expected.
I've seen your car in person and it looks fantastic. Great job...

·
Premium Member
Shawn Lemans Blue 1969 Camaro LS3, TKO 600
458 Posts
If there's no rust I might go $15,000 the paint's not in great shape and for that kind of money it should be.
Wow, the bottom must have dropped out of the 1st gen market when I wasn't paying attention.

·
14,265 Posts
All valid thoughts, but the emblems are not a deal breaker. My date coded "original" cowl hood has the 302 emblems in the wrong place, and one is crooked. I have a buddy that has an original paint 67 RS SS and on the driver's fender it only has an "S". All these years and no one has fixed it. It would have driven me crazy.
This car does not scream unrestored Z to me.
Possible fender emblems were placed where they were to cover holes left when non Z/28 emblems were removed. It is possible a fender was replaced at some time as the emblem on the right is way too low. The left side is not pictured. Tail panel emblem too far left, black grill (maybe not ab issue. I painted my Hugger Orange Z/28 grill black in 1970, non original drive-train, questionable rivets on the TT.

Just way too many Red Flags here. IMHO

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
Possible fender emblems were placed where they were to cover holes left when non Z/28 emblems were removed. It is possible a fender was replaced at some time as the emblem on the right is way too low. The left side is not pictured. Tail panel emblem too far left, black grill (maybe not ab issue. I painted my Hugger Orange Z/28 grill black in 1970, non original drive-train, questionable rivets on the TT.

Just way too many Red Flags here. IMHO
I agree it doesn't scream Z to me either.

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
I wouldnt be so quick to judge this car. I see some things that are Z28 here.
The alternator pulley and fan look right.
PDB with exception of the master cylinder look original to me. MC is not original.
Single fuel line

Rear axle tube stamping and transmission stamping would help verify.
also see if what that alternator and distributor stampings are.
Possibly even may find a build sheet on top of the gas tank on this one.

VIN should fall in the 124379L528xxx range. I think the tag is real. So a real black car which is rare in itself.

Heater core must be shot as the heater hoses are not connected and I see theres a bypass hose there.
Wrong shifter knob

Not saying its a $68K car but the black makes this very interesting and if it all checks out you got a pretty rare Z.
If the orig engine is gone and no build sheet its going to hurt the value.
You never know until you check things out.

Reactions: Keemaca and 3forme
21 - 31 of 31 Posts