Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I know if I have the right Z-bar? I have a '67 350 that is stock. I switched out the Powerglide for an M-20 and got a used Z-bar. My clutch, etc. is nothing out of the ordinary, yet my pedal pressure is hard and almost has a pulsating to it. I installed one of those spherical rod kits, which helped a bit, but it's still not as smooth as I think it should be. Everything seems to be greased up fine. I have this feeling that it's the Z bar... it lines up okay, yet it seems to be at an angle that has improper leverage (the lower Z has a bend to it). Could I have a Z bar that's totally wrong for my car? Does anyone have the correct measurements so I can compare? Or does it sound like something else?

Thanks in advance,

John

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,016 Posts
John, I just sent you an e-mail

------------------
1968 Coupe, 327/210hp project in process. PS/PB, Factory AC, adding camelhumps and a CompCam XE262

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jim sent me the assembly manual pages for the Zbar assembly, which I will double check... thanks again Jim!
I'm still not sure if I have the right Zbar and I might just order a new one just to compare. I remember somewhere someone talking about differences in Z bars. I'll also try a search on this.

John

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by smits67:
John,
Where did you get a spherical rod kit?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Team Camaro did a group purchase on these last year sometime. I don't remember the vendor at this time, I'll try to look it up tonight. If you feel like doing a search, look in this forum or under either Camaro Tech or Bench Racing. Also the company runs a small ad in the back of Super Chevy all the time.

JD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts